Career Summary / Experience
Matt has worked at Pearson Realty since 1998, handling farm and ranch sales throughout Tulare, Kern, Fresno and Kings counties. He has built a reputation as a knowledgeable agent of citrus crops in the eastern San Joaquin Valley’s citrus belt. Matt also is well versed in real estate laws, zoning, agricultural lending, and water issues.
In January 2001, Matt joined forces with Roy Pennebaker. Together they represent a respectable portion of the company’s listings and sales.
Matt is a native of Exeter, California, where he grew up on the family’s orange ranch. A third-generation citrus grower, he continues to reside in Exeter with his wife, Lisa, and their two children and actively farms his own citrus acreage.
- 1998-Present — Pearson Realty, Visalia
- 1996-1998 — McEwen Citrus Nursery, Exeter, General Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Sonoma State University
- Current State of California Real Estate License
Professional Affiliations & Accreditations
- Board Member and past President, Sequoia Union Elementary School District
- Member, Tulare County Farm Bureau, California Citrus Mutual and Valley Ag Lenders Society
- Past Board Member, Lemon Cove Ditch Co.
- Past President, Exeter Kiwanis Club
- Extensive contacts throughout agriculture community, specifically the San Joaquin Valley’s citrus belt
- Works full time alongside fellow Pearson Realty Farm Broker, Roy Pennebaker, to expedite transactions
- Assertive, energetic and creative sales agent
- Familiar with current real estate laws as well as agricultural issues